The breadth and depth of the firm’s expertise and experience has been recognized both domestically and internationally; Chambers & Partners and Legal500 have recognized it as one of the “Leading Firms” in Guatemala and its founding partner as a “Leading Individual” in consecutive years since 2015.
Alegalis was founded in 2002 with the objective of distinguishing itself from traditional legal and notary services firms. Today, Alegalis has cemented itself as a center of excellence for its clients, generating growth for their businesses. The firm has offices in both Guatemala and Hong Kong as well as an innovative structure that allows it to cover specialized legal services and financial
- Practice areas and clients: Full service law firm with a particular specialization in coporate law, including; Litigation; Real Estate Development, Intellectual Property Rights and Energy. Its clients include the majority of leading real estate developers in the country. The firm has represented several of the major energy tendors in the country in recent years and clients include international brands such as Nike, Converse, Michael Kors, Calvin Klein, and Casio.
The firm was founded in 1974 and provides consulting services to both public and private entities, specializing in corporate legal services to private sector companies. The firm’s principle focus is on advising international businesses and it is currently a member of the Board of Directors of the German/Salvadoran Chamber of Commerce and Industry. The Managing Partner served as the Dean of the Faculty of Legal and Social Sciences for one of the leading universities in the country
and is a professor in “Business Law.”
- Practice areas and clients: All areas of law, with an emphasis on Corporate Law, including conflict resolution and the support of invesetment in Central and South America, Mexico, the US and Europe. The firm has advised various multinational companies such as Toni & Guy U.S.A. in California and Texas.
CALA plays a key role in supporting foreign investment in Nicaragua through its strong representation in the country’s principle chambers of commerce. The managing partner served on the Supreme Court of Justice for five years and is a Professor of Intellectual Property, Commercial and Banking Law at one of Nicaragua’s leading universities.
- Practice areas and clients: Recognized in the areas of Corporate law, Intellectual property, Real estate, Tax and Labor Law. The firm works closely with foreign investors in Nicaragua by supporting them with their corporate, labor and fiscal law requirements. In addition, the firm represents major international brands in the registration and defence of intellectual property rights and has advised major companies in the mining sector.
Ulloa & Asociados started in January 1997 and is currently one of the leading firms in Honduras. In 2008, it became the first firm in the country to be ISO 9001 certified. Prior to founding the firm, its Managing Partner developed her career within prestigious international consultancies such as Ernest & Young and Price-Waterhouse-oopers. She also has specializations in business and administration from the universities of Georgetown-INCAE and Yale.
- Practice areas and clients: They cover all branches of law, with an emphasis on Labor Law; Corporate Law and International Business. They have been exhibitors for several consecutive years in international forums such as “Global Employer Latin America” and “Latin Lawyer Labor & Employment Conference” in the United States. His clients include several leading multinational companies in their industry.
Interlegem has received international recognition and is recommended to investors by the Department of Commercial Service of the United States. The founding partner previously served as Legal Director of an investor consortium that included the US construction firm, Bechtel, the Civil
Aviation Authority of Singapore and the Spanish company, Avertis. All members of the legal team have been with the firm since its inception. The firm is able to support international clients and provide advice on a range of complex legal matters.
- Practice areas and clients: The managing partner is recognized by Latin Lawyer magazine as one of the “Top Cats” in corporate law in Latin America and has a license to practice in the state of New York, USA. The firm has a specialization in the areas of Corporate, banking and tax law.